We offer FREE Housing for those who qualify (see FAQs for details). If you do not qualify for free housing, then you must find your own accommodations during your stay. See resources below to search for other local housing options.
These are shared, multi-bedroom homes (fully furnished with all Utilities & WiFi included, valued at $400-$600/mo). Laundry (washer/dryer) included. Before move-in day, signing a month-to-month lease is required (even though it’s free to stay); however, a $400 security deposit is also required and is reimbursable at the end of your stay, subject to any damages incurred during your occupancy.
If you waive the free housing option, you will not receive additional supplemental income.
The shared common areas include a kitchen, living room/dining area, and bathrooms. The common spaces are fully furnished, and the kitchen has cookware and dishes already. If you’d like to bring anything of your own, you may ask. Make yourself at home while remaining courteous to your housemates.
Check out the pictures below for an inside sneak peak!
The houses are located at 107 and 209 North Main Street, Jacobus PA 17407
*The houses may become coed if availability is needed.
(<10-min walk to the Lab). Street Parking. Safe area.
>>Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What is provide with Free Housing? The room comes with a bed, dresser, and a desk/chair. New bed sheets are provided, but you may bring your own if you’d like. The common spaces are fully furnished, and the kitchen has cookware and dishes already. If you’d like to bring anything of your own, you may ask. Make yourself at home while remaining courteous to your housemates.
2) When is lease signing and move-in day? Lease signing instructions and deadlines will be provided via email. Move in day is the same day as lease signing or any day post lease signing.
3) Any preparation prior to move-in? The $400 security deposit (cash or check) is due on the day of lease signing onsite. The security deposit will be refunded at end of the training program.
Make travel and moving-in arrangements in advance of Orientation Day and schedule here: https://calendly.com/aptagen/lease
4) Any preparation if I am an International Candidate? PLEASE make sure you have your visa papers in order well in-advance of your start date. If you have questions, email us at JoinUs@aptagen.com
5) Are rooms chosen or assigned? Rooms are assigned.
6) Are bathrooms in the house gender specific? The bathrooms are not specific to gender. It is a coed house.
7) What’s included in a room? The room comes with a twin sized bed, dresser, and a desk/chair. New bed sheets are provided, but you may bring your own if you’d like.
8) Are pets allowed? No, pets are not allowed.
9) Are visitors allowed? Yes, visitors are allowed (maximum 3-day stay).
10) Can I contact other interns with housing before moving in? Unfortunately, no. We cannot provide others contact information since the identity of house tenants is fluid until lease signing/move-in day which occurs right before orientation.
11) Is there public transportation or mass transit? Unfortunately, No.
12) Do I need to bring a car? A car is not required. The lab is less than a five-minute walk from housing; however, a form of transportation for groceries, etc is necessary since most amenities are >5 miles away. Housemates may want to carpool or rideshare.
13) Where can cars be parked? Street parking. Cars may be parked in the front or in the back of the house.
14) What amenities & banking are within walking distance? There is a convenience store/gas station (Rutter’s) and a strip mall within a few blocks. The local bank is People’s Bank, with a branch within walking distance in Jacobus.