Aptagen's Executive Summary
Aptagen is a biotechnology company offering aptamer products and services as reagents, diagnostic and biomarker discovery tools, as well as for use in drug discovery, targeted delivery for therapeutics, and bioindustrial applications.
Aptagen develops and manufactures aptamers (ligands of RNA, DNA, and peptide oligonucleotides that bind to a variety of target antigens). Aptamers are sometimes referred to as “chemical antibodies or DNA antibodies.” Aptazymes are aptamers with enzymatic activity. A subclass of aptazymes called molecular switches is analogous to molecular beacons for fluorescent detection of analytes in test samples. Examples include allosteric ribozymes, also known as riboswitches.
What Is Aptagen?
(Black & White Version)
Contact Us to setup a meet-and-greet.
Aptagen’s business plan is a dual approach to replacing the current technology being utilized. The retail arm of Aptagen provides customers with an industry first “Aptamer Catalog” that offers a low-cost service for synthesizing known aptamers (chemical antibodies) for research and development purposes. The R&D arm of Aptagen has a primary objective to provide a customized service for drug development and therapeutic applications through long-term, large dollar contracts.
Current technology is outdated. Antibodies were discovered in the 1890’s and have been the primary biotechnology research vehicle for the last one hundred and ten years. The antibody method involves multiple trial and error experiments that result in extremely high development cost and is only 20% successful on average. Aptamers (chemical antibodies) were developed in the 1990’s and have been increasingly gaining in popularity and availability over the last ten years. The lower manufacturing costs and the near-endless applicability is solidifying aptamers (chemical antibodies) as the next evolution of drug discovery and diagnostics.
An aptamer catalog of products had not existed anywhere. There are many sources for commercially available antibodies, but until recently, there was not an aptamer (chemical antibody) equivalent. Aptagen has committed to change this situation by offering aptamers (chemical antibodies) as an alternative to the conventional antibody. In the past, Aptagen had only offered custom services through long-term projects to develop highly customized aptamers (chemical antibodies); however, recently Aptagen has revolutionized the industry by creating a resource of known (already developed) aptamers in an easy to use catalog and web-order environment.
Using the current antibody method; for every drug that makes it to market, hundreds of promising candidates that worked in-vitro (on the lab bench) fail during animal ADMET studies (absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and toxicity). From lab bench to pharmacy shelves it takes from seven to fifteen years and costs $4B with an average failure rate of 80%. Half of this time and approximately 70% of all associated biopharmaceutical R&D costs are spent on in-vitro development.
Because aptamers (chemical antibodies) are an in-vivo (directly tested in the animal model) approach, they avoid the majority of the bench testing, saving several years and approximately 35% of the R&D cost. The unique chemistry of aptamers, unlike other forms of drugs currently used, permits the natural selection of drug candidates in whole animal models, bypassing the test tube entirely. By using an animal model with the disease state of interest, Aptagen need not possess specific knowledge of the pathology or disease condition in question. As an added benefit, because this approach reduces the false starts, there are actually fewer animals needed for drug evaluation.
Terms & Conditions
Call us to help solve your application needs | Phone: 717-APTAGEN | 717-278-2436
If a quote from another source is less than ours, send us the documentation, and Aptagen will match the competitor price.
1) Oligos are either PAGE or HPLC purified and mass spec verified.
2) Typical delivery is 5 to 10 business days.
** Oligonucleotide length, sequence, GC Content, coupling efficiencies, and purification can affect the final product yield.
Final Price will be decreased accordingly if delivered amount is less than expected. Final amounts greater than expected will be delivered at no extra cost.
Orders may be placed by telephone, e-mail, or web-order submission at:
250 North Main Street, Jacobus, PA 17407, USA
There is no minimum order requirement. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. During this time, an Aptagen representative should be available to take your order and answer any questions you may have regarding our products or aptamers/oligo synthesis in general. Messages may be left on voice mail at any other time.
Orders made through www.aptagen.com may be subject to promotional, multi-order, or special discounts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
Delivery will originate from South-Central Pennsylvania and shipping times may vary coast-to-coast. Delivery within the Continental United States is FREE of charge and will be prepaid by Aptagen, LLC. Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, or Outlying U.S. Protectorates will be subject to an additional charge and will be prepaid by Aptagen, LLC. Delivery to all International customers (including all import, customs fees, and applicable taxes), will be the responsibility of the Customer and must be paid by the Customer.
For all Orders less than $2,000: Aptagen will begin synthesis the day an order is received and will issue an invoice to the customer upon shipment of the Product which shall be due upon receipt of the Product by the Customer.
For all Orders greater than $2,000 but not more than $4,000: Aptagen will issue an invoice to the Customer prior to starting any synthesis for 20% of the total amount due; synthesis will begin once payment of this invoice has been received. Aptagen will issue an invoice to the Customer for the remaining 80% of the total amount due upon shipment of the Product which shall be due upon receipt of the Product by the Customer.
For all Orders greater than $4,000: Aptagen will issue an invoice to the Customer prior to starting any synthesis for 40% of the total amount due; synthesis will begin once payment of this invoice has been received. Aptagen will issue an invoice to the Customer for the remaining 60% of the total amount due upon shipment of the Product which shall be due upon receipt of the Product by the Customer.
Amounts not paid when due may incur an interest charge of twelve (12) percent per month until fully paid. Customer shall be responsible for any and all taxes on Products sold to it, including state and local sales and use taxes. We reserve the right to require payment in advance before shipping any materials ordeAptagen warrants that each product conforms to the specifications for such product. If the Customer notifies Aptagen within thirty (30) days of its receipt of a product that the product does not conform to the specifications, Aptagen will, at its option, replace the product or return the purchase price paid by Customer, less any cost of materials utilized in production of the Product. No replacement or refund will be made if the Customer does not notify Aptagen of a non-conforming product within said thirty (30) day period.
Aptagen makes no other express or implied warranty with respect to the products. Aptagen disclaims all implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Aptagen¡¦s liability for breach of warranty is limited to refund of purchase price paid, less any cost of materials utilized in production of the Product. In no event shall Aptagen be liable for lost profits, loss of goodwill or any incidental, special or consequential damages even if advised of the possibility of same.
It is the sole responsibility of the Customer (Buyer) to determine the suitability of any of the listed products for any specific purpose. Responsibility for accidents arising from the handling and use of the listed products rests solely with the Buyer. All of the products should be handled only by trained personnel who are aware of the potential hazards and have ready access to suitable safety equipment. All products supplied are primarily for research and development purposes and Aptagen products are not intended for use in foods or drugs, or for any commercial purpose.
As a research and development company, Aptagen realizes the desirability of patents to cover original research and it is our policy to avoid infringing upon any approved patents. Should any original research be performed, it shall be under the sole ownership of Aptagen, unless expressly addressed under legal documentation or agreement elsewhere. Aptagen reserves the right to withdraw or adjust pricing of any product at any time as patents are approved, issued, and/or discovered.
Aptagen shall not be liable for breach of any existing patent or intellectual property rights in association with any Product delivered. Aptagen performs the service of producing a Product requested by the Customer, intended for research and development purposes only. The Customer will not hold Aptagen responsible for any rights which are unknowingly infringed upon as a consequence of the production of or the commercialization of any Product contained here within.
The information provided in the Aptamer Catalog™ was obtained from the published literature. Aptagen's products are synthesized oligonucleotides based on RNA or DNA sequences. It is the responsibility of the end-user to abide by any IP rights associated with the use of any DNA or RNA oligos regardless of the source of material.